Monday, March 15, 2010

I Heart Foodie Adventures.








Fleeting as they may be (and I'm working on having more of them), foodie adventures rock my world and my weekend was rocked this past Sunday at Little Dom's in Los Feliz (located at Hillhurst Ave. and Avocado St.).

I had first heard of Little Dom's on an episode of The Best Thing I Ever Ate on Food Network. The episode featured pizza and Little Dom's Breakfast Pizza was featured. I mentioned this to a super rad foodie at work and she chimed in that she wanted to check it out, along with her hubby. Yesterday, we strolled into Little Dom's on a late Sunday morning and were seated outside (it was a gorgeous and sunny day) promptly. We drooled over the sights and smells surrounding us, and we all agreed, the FRIED POTATOES, were calling out to us.

Anna ordered the French Toast souffle, which was a little on the sweet side for my tastes, but if you dig any type of bread pudding, you will be a happy camper. Served in an individual cast iron dish with freshly whipped cream, you're sure turn into a 3 year old again. Ben went with the wild boar and parmesane bacon (which I did not get to try) but he seemed to scarf it down with a big smile on his face. I went with one egg sunny side up, an order of the wild boar bacon and the fried potatoes. Now a sacred moment of silence for fried potatoes - the BEST fried potatoes that have ever entered my mouth, I kid you not. Sprinkled with olive oil, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic and lemon juice, these potatoes could easily become a meal or an afternoon snack on their own. Crispy and semi sweet, these potatoes were insanely delicious and worth every stinkin' penny! Now for the wild boar bacon, which is a first for me. I was surprised to find that this bacon was not salty in the slightest bit. Smoky and woodsy flavor penetrates these non-greasy strips of bacon. Not typical, but certainly worth trying. Little Dom's menu definitely will bring me back to try their tasty pizzas, salads and more.
**Photo credits go to Anna McCann and her iPhone.

2 comments:

  1. I fantasize about those potatoes. -Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too woman! I can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete