Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bundt for Joy!



So this past weekend I was blessed with a dresser (to be funk-tified and used for CD storage) and in exchange for this blessing, I promised to bake my friend a cake, Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cake to be exact. Apparently, this was a childhood favorite, so of course I obliged.

What I came to find out was that I no longer owned a bundt pan, so I made the trek to Sur La Table (not that anyone had to twist my arm, mind you) to pick up a quality bundt pan for this baking endeavor. It's so silly to be afraid of a cake pan, but I have to admit, I've always been a bit weary of bundt pans. What if the cake gets stuck? What if it falls apart when trying to remove it? What if? What if? What if? Well, being that I promised to make this cake, I had to face my bundt pan fears right in the face and I did quite a bit of research on various bundt pans. I read many reviews on Sur La Table, Williams-Sonoma and more, and the Nordic Ware Anniversary Pan, got 5 stars out of 5 stars. I've never read so many positive and glowing reviews on a bundt pan. So I went with the Nordic Ware bundt pan (which by the way, has a lifetime warranty).
The cake batter was thick and gooey, took a little longer to bake then the recipe calls for (50 minutes), but the results are in and I HEART MY NEW BUNDT PAN! While the cake is meant as a gift (so a chef's tasting is not going to happen), the cake scents that filled my kitchen were warm, nutty, cinnamon, chocolate-y goodness rolled into one. Now if someone could make a candle that smelled like that, I'd be all over it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment