Thursday, April 10, 2008

close call.

Let today's lecture remind us that we all are human.....well, perhaps most of us. Anyhow, it never fails to amaze me how many times I have avoided major injuries in the kitchen aside from the following two: burns (yes I too think I am invincible and can touch piping hot things without suffering the consequences) and irreversible shirt stains (causing me to throw out many nice shirts). However, I nearly brushed death (okay, I'm exaggerating here) with my Santoku knife the other night while chopping vegetables. Unfortunately my digital camera isn't fancy enough to show you my injury, but trust me, it was a close call. I just grazed my ring finger and the nail, but enough to scare me. No matter what, knife skills are what can often "make or break" us in the kitchen. Never get cocky especially with a knife in your hand.

1 comment:

  1. my stomach is going in and out right now! blecht!! "BE CAREFUL TO DRive" may very well have to be turned into "be careful to cut"!! take care of all your parts! mum

    ReplyDelete