Saturday, January 1, 2011

Heart n Soul Soup.



Like all foodies, I look forward to my monthly subscriptions to various food publications, but Bon Appetit has to be my most favorite (especially since the untimely death of Gourmet). This month's issue includes a section devoted to LEAFY GREENS!!!! I'm trying to include more leafy greens in my cooking and every recipe in this section will make your mouth water.

I'm a soup groupie. Especially living on my own, I find making soups and stews on the weekends is a great way to save money on lunch during the week and most of them freeze well. And I look for recipes that are substantial enough as an entree. It's the kind of soup is warms your heart and soul. Your body will thank you.

Recently, I gave the Mixed-Greens and Sausage Soup with Cornmeal Dumplings a good ol' college try. I made it with chicken andouille sausage I found at Trader Joe's and think it turned out fabulous. The cornmeal dumplings are sweet and savory, without feeling heavy in your belly. The chicken sausage added a lil' kick and paired nicely with the mixed leafy greens called for in the recipe. Take advantage of the all the leafy greens available to you this season and give this recipe a whirl!

2 comments:

  1. Yum Yum!!! Looks tasty. (BUT, I can't wait till you post a soup that you've made with the new immersion blender!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, YOU would say that! You're too funny! Soon enough darlin'!

    ReplyDelete