Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Results Are In.....


Since I've been staying with family in LA, I haven't exactly lived up to my reputation as a gourmet cook. In fact, I have hardly cooked much at all since I've been back. Several reasons, I suppose, but alas with the holiday season upon us, this is one of my favorite times of year to "strut" my culinary stuff, so to speak.

This Sweet Potato Pound Cake perfumed the kitchen last night, and when my dad came home, I got the "ooos" and "aahhhhs", in fact, my dad told me to "hide" it! I mentioned this recipe here, and when I found out the law firm I work at decided to have a potluck the day before Thankgiving I knew exactly what I wanted to make, or I should say, bake. The drum roll began at 12 noon and the consensus was overwhelminly positive. The pound cake is moist and dense, not overly sweet, which was not expected. Topped with a dollop of fresh whipped cream or maybe a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream would do the trick. And for all you coffee lovers out there, it's a perfect match too.
Tomorrow I will post our Thanksgiving menu,with a blow-by-blow description of the feast!

No comments:

Post a Comment