Wednesday, January 27, 2010


I've been a very bad girl. I've neglected the kitchen, but I have a good reason. I've abandoned it for the sake of finding my very own kitchen to use and abuse in Los Angeles. Yes, about a month ago, I started the great apartment search, something vintage, hardwood floors, crown molding, somewhere in the vicinity of Los Feliz and I struck gold! I just found out this week that the apartment I applied for over the weekend is mine, all mine.....MUUUAAHHH!

Of course now I actually have to MOVE! So the next couple of weeks here at the Madame Munchies ranch are likely to be scarce, but I am looking forward to unpacking my groovey dishes, various kitchen appliances and filling my cupboards with a fresh pantry and sharing new recipes and finds here on the blog.

In the meantime (on a totally non-food related note), I came across this post from Margaret Feinberg at the beginning of the year and her personal quest to read 75 books in 2010. At first, I was gung-ho and admired her feisty desire to consume so many books in one year, but I also realized I was intimidated by such a quest! In addition to my love for all things food related, I have a passion for literature, books, and words as well. So, I too, am sticking myself out there and declaring that I will join in the fun! My personal goal is to read 50 books in 2010. So far, I've managed to read two books, The Help by Kathryn Stockett (also the current selection of Kabooki, my LA based book club) and Food Rules by Michael Pollan.


1 comment:

  1. love it! I'm inspired to read 50 books too! so far I've read the help. that's it. i gotta get going! Can't wait to sit in ur new living room and cook and drink wine and relax and play music, and everything else we're gonna do! I think a housewarming painting is in order.. what r u thinking?? lemme guess.. bright colors!

    ReplyDelete