Friday, May 29, 2009

Obsession.



I don’t know about you but I have a slight obsession with food-related magazines. In fact quite a few years ago I started organizing and collecting recipes from the various magazines I subscribe to. Some may think it’s slightly “anal” and others may observe the genius behind my mini-obsession.

I make a concerted effort to try out new recipes and while perusing my assorted file folders, I found a recipe for Roasted Red Pepper and Fennel Soup, from a past issue of Rachael Ray’s magazine. It sounded delicious and I’ve been trying to eat more vegetables, one way or another, so I decided to give it a go.

Sometimes Rachael Ray recipes are a hit or miss, it’s really a gamble, but this gamble turned out to be rather delicious as well as nutritious. The soup consists of roasted red bell peppers, leeks, fennel, potato, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and a wee bit of heavy cream. Simple to make and soothing for your belly. It’s silky smooth texture was delightful and I was so pleased with this vegetable concoction. I will definitely keep this recipe in its rightful place.

1 comment: