Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Indian Vegetarian

All I can say is that if I were in fact going to ever fully abstain from eating animal meat, I would probably seek out Indian vegetarian recipes. Bold flavors, warming spices and naan - you had me at hello. Maggie, if you're reading this, this one's for you! what you see before you may includes warmed naan (no folks, I haven't even attempted to make this from scratch, picked up some frozen naan from my local Indian grocery), butternut squash with fenugreek and a dish made of red lentils, dry-cooked, actually. Lentils are a great source of complex carbs as well as protein (I recently found this out) and they taste really good too!



1 comment:

  1. I just checked out World Vegetarian by Madhur Jaffrey from the library. It's got so many great recipes! I want to try to eat less meat and am looking forward to the day when we get a freezer and get some local meat. Glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete