Monday, August 20, 2012

It's Too Darn Hot!


Complaining isn't my forte at MM, but it's been HOTTER THAN HADES in LA! That said, I usually spend time on the weekends in my kitchen, cooking up a storm or trying out a new recipe. But with the recent onset of heat, I've been trying to leave that "big white box" turned off as much as possible. Difficult at times, but not impossible.

A couple weeks ago, I received a lovely link for these fresh spring rolls and was inspired to give them a try!  Use whatever you have in your fridge or follow the recipe to a tee, either way you will not be disappointed. I've made two batches in the last two weeks.  In the first batch (pictured above), I included Persian cucumbers, carrots, scallions, champagne mango, mint, cilantro, mini sweet bell peppers and cellophane noodles. I didn't have any peanut butter in the cupboards so I used almond butter instead. Fantastic dipping sauce (note I added a wee it more sugar to the sauce than called for in the recipe)!

I made another batch this past weekend and swapped the mango for some poached shrimp and instead of making the peanut sauce, I dipped these bad boys into some sweet chili sauce.

Healthy, crisp and refreshing, these rolls will satisfy your snack craving or you can make a mean main out of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment